The Young Caritas project entitled “Create Future!” was started one year ago. The project closing event took place on this occasion in order to present our achievements and experiences.
Firstly, project manager Molnar Judit summarized the project activities and their results. Then talked the volunteer coordinators working in the 3 counties: Kovács Hajnalka from Sfântu-Gheorghe, Botházi Renáta from Miercurea Ciuc and Fekete Gyöngyvér from Tîrgu-Mureș related their experiences about mutual work with volunteers. The project group reports were followed by the summaries of hosting institute representatives: Kovács István, teacher at Lidia children`s home and Molnár Zselyke, representing Emmaus children`s home from Tîrgu-Mureș. Finally, the volunteers, the project and event protagonists, related their own experiences as well: Tilinger Mónika, volunteer at Emmaus children`s home, Szodorai Rita, volunteer at Paediatrics Clinic Nr.2. and Ailene Anca, volunteer at Materna Mother Shelter in Tîrgu-Mureș. The event ended with a few summaries related by volunteers coming from Miercurea Ciuc and Sfântu-Gheorghe, presenting some similarities and differences of their volunteer programs compared to the previously heard reports. The event was visited by approx. 60 people, 24 of them were volunteers at Social Care Centre Caritas Alba Iulia.
Major project achievements and results:
• A matter of 295 volunteers joined in Mureș, Harghita and Covasna counties to the organized activities;
• We are collaborating with 30 institutes, including 20 educational, 10 social institutes, 25 of them are public institutes and 5 are NGOs;
• 38 form master classes were taught by volunteer coordinators, by the presence of 772 students;
• 8 open days were organized, 3000 students were involved;
• 156 volunteers are taking part in hospital programs;
• They have spent thus far more than 5000 volunteer hours in hospitals;
• 139 volunteers were involved in “Discover the world together!” program
• They have spent thus far more than 5000 volunteer hours organizing different activities for children;
• 8 trainings were organized for volunteers working in hospital;
8 trainings were organized for volunteers working in programs for children;
• we got group leader trainings as well, we have 20 leaders;
• We have 35 clubs for volunteers;
• 200 volunteers took part in November 2015 at Volunteer Gala 2015 in Miercurea Ciuc.
You can find more photos on our Facebook-site.